EXCITING NEWS EVERYONE!!
BaseHead version 5.x Feature set just announced with Public Beta for everyone to play with.
Go to THE PAGE to read all about it. New users that purchase a 4.x PC license while 5.x is in Beta will get a free upgrade to version 5.x and also get it at the 4.x price so don't be scared to make a 4.x purchase today cuz you will get the next major version free and save some cash also.. 8)
Introducing BaseHead version 4.x!!
This is a SFX searching Beast of a program for finding your sound effects, music, and audio files used by thousand of audio professionals around the globe.
New Licensing/Authorizations Options for version 4.x!
You can go Dongle Free, USB Flash drive or iLok2 now!
See the new licensing info ON THIS PAGE
First version 4.2 just Posted on the Downloads Page!!
Massive speed improvements with the 'Asynchronous Loading' Option. The first 100 results pop up fast and the rest trickle in in the background now. Also, 'Libraries' have been improved massively! 45+ total changes and improvements in this version that you'll think it's version 5.x already.....hehehe
BaseHead already dominates the video game industry and now with the release of version 4.x expect a world wide Hostile Takeover! 8)
If you are a sound designer for video games or feature films using a DAW (like Nuendo or Pro Tools ) and want to speed up your workflow, then this is the product to get!
Originally we made this program just for ourselves only, but the BaseHead Project has grown beyond that being used by thousands daily to FIND SH*T FAST!!
Check out some of the new features in the video to the Right! ---->>>
A detailed list of changes and new features are here in this Google Doc.
Version 4.x comes in 3 flavors now...
BaseHead Ultra (for the power users)
BaseHead (the standard edition)
BaseHead Lite (for people not needing all the fancy bells and whistles)
The Ultra Edition will come with the whole kitchen sink of new features including....
- Imports: Name import and sub divide your Database for easier re-scanning and removal of chunks of it.
- Groups: allows you to group and colorize your favorite sounds while importing or after.
- Libraries: Put your favorite sounds in virtual folders for quick access, pulling sounds and exporting!
- Mass Batch Tagging: Rename just about every field now that burns into NON-Encrypted iXML.
IMPORTANT: We don't believe in locking people into our software, so we will NEVER Encrypt your tagging to force you to keep using BaseHead!
NEVER! EVER! We believe in just making better software that you actually want to use instead of doing shady tactics like other companies do... 8)
- NEW: "Follow Session Folder" just added for Pro Tools users also. Nuendo and Cubase already had this option previously.
When ON the set Transfer Path will automatically follow the DAW session Audio Files folder. (Not in Lite Version)
- 'Asynchronous Loading' This is for people with large databases!
(the first 100 results pop up fast and the rest trickle in on the background)
- LIST chunk reading. This metadata chunk is used by Wavelab, Sound Forge and BWF Metaedit.
So BaseHead will now read these tags also during importing.
- Thesaurus Searching with a built in Thesaurus that is editable and a user definable Thesaurus also.
- Auto-Complete that is also now user editable.
- Transfers files with Pitch and VST plugins now! (Reverse transfers coming in version 4.2)
- 12 VST slots now with full preset Store/Recall functions with a Improved VST scanner
- Individual Channel Extraction from Interleaved files with Sum to Mono Option
- ReWire for 32 bit DAW's (64 bit coming in version 4.5)
- New Import Window with options to create and name Imports and tag Imports into Groups with many other new Import options.
- New Database management functions like (Rename/Delete/Clear DB)
- Dims records that have been played already for better visual feedback.
- Offline Renaming options.
- Nuendo/Cubase: Spot with Handles option
- Nuendo/Cubase/Pro Tools: Can Spot multiple file Inline or on different tracks now
- Sync Points can now be set inside files that transfer to Nuendo/Cubase
- M/S Stereo Decoding
- Ability add your Album Art/Images to files.
- Enhanced Taglist, Browser and Rename Panel with more options and actions.
- File renaming direct in the Details Panel for the Browser and Results Pages.
- Nuendo 7/Cubase 8 and Pro Tools 12 support
- plus a Sh*t Ton of Workflow and GUI improvements!! 8)
The Standard Edition is missing some of the above Ultra features....
- Libraries, Destructive Editing, Thesaurus Searching, ReWire
- Individual Channel Extraction, Sync Points,
- Mass Batch Tagging/Renaming, BaseHead Server Support
- Transfer Options limited to 48/24 maximum
The Lite Edition also excludes (but far from crippled)
- Description Renaming, File Browser, Taglist Page
- Target App Support (Spot to Track and Xfer to Pool)
- Groups, Imports, Paths, Playlists, Favorite/Recent Searches, DB Hot-swapping
- Drive Re-Mapping, Auto Complete, M/S Decoding, Skip Silence, Asynchronous Loading
- Process Panel/VST, Playback Regions and the new Import Window
The Lite version is NOT Crippled by a limited amount of databases, sample rates, surround playback or any of that non-sense..
It's still 110% BaseHead to the Core!
Still confused which version to buy.?
Each version is designed with this in mind basically.
4.x Ultra - Sound Designers
4.x Standard - SFX, Dialog, and Foley Editors
4.x Lite - Video Editors, Musicians,Music Editor and Re-Recording mixers.
You can upgrade to a higher version at anytime and only pay the difference, plus a small $15 license transfer fee.....8)
Preview all 3 versions today by installing and running the included Demo version!
New Video from Pro Sound Effects showing their top 6 top favorite BaseHead features!
Feature Comparison Table
Watch other Video Tutorials HERE!
Screenshots of Version 4.x Ultra...
Previous version 3.x features that are also in most versions of 4.x
- A cutting edge User Interface!
- Cross-platform (PC/Mac) licenses and Database format (No Extra Charge)
- Licenses work over a Network or even the Web! (yes, I said Web...8))
- A single dongle can hold multiple floating network accessible licenses
- 47 Fields of searchable Metadata now
- 4 Separate Search Input Fields so you can fine tune searches with Search History
- Injects renamed Descriptions back into the audio files (Non-Lite Versions)
- Boolean Searching (And, Or, Not, Exact)
- Server Database Support using BaseHead Server
- Ability to Set and Remove of Playback Markers
- Ability to Add Pre, Post and BWAV Descriptions
- Album art is shown if embedded in the ID3 tags
- Plays sounds at different pitches using the Number Pad 0-9
- Split Stereo Playback of .L and .R WAV and AIF files as stereo.
- Common Combo and ALL searching in the search boxes
- Auto-Complete Searching (Non-Lite Versions)
- 5.1 files play like they are meant to be heard (out separate 6 speakers)
- Destructive Editing.. (Ultra version only)
- Reverse Playback and Shuffle Mode
- Multi-channel audio playback Crashed to Stereo)
- MP3, WMA, WMV, OGG, AAC and FLAC playback and reading with Tags
- Browser and Taglist pages
- Hardwired Region Spotting to Nuendo/Cubase, Pro Tools and Logic
- Reads iXML field recorder data
- Auto-Switching Paths Feature (Changes Transfer Path based on opened session)
- Back/Forward searches like a Web browser
- "Spot with Handles" for Pro Tools 10-11 (Non-Lite versions)
- Soundminer v3 Metadata Importing and Ripper v4 data imported
- New PeekTree panel that shows: (Non-Lite Versions)
Favorite and Recent Searches
Playlist (recently played sounds)
Recent Paths, and recently Transferred sounds
Applications With Advanced Target App support:
Nuendo/Cubase, Pro Tools (Non-Lite Versions)
Most all DAW's can be used with BaseHead including Reaper, Vegas, Studio One AVID Media Composer etc....
any with Drag and Drop support from the desktop!!
Metadata Chunks Read during Importing:
iXML, aXML, Bext,ID3, ANNO, SNDN, WMA, nmx, SNDM, LIST, OGG
Metadata Chunks Written:
iXML, aXML, Bext, ID3 (LIST Coming soon)
7/8, or Vista with .NET 3.5 and .NET4.5 Framework
XP users can still purchase version 2.x (email us for options)
NEW!! Codemeter CmStick USB dongles are NO LONGER required for the license!!!
New Licensing/Authorizations Options for version 4.x just announced!
See all the new licensing options ON THIS PAGE
If you choose to use CmSticks as your mode of licensing, keep in mind that they can hold multiple licenses that can be accessed over a network, so only one is needed per facility.
Read the FAQ HERE to learn more!