BaseHead version 5.x is HERE!!
Almost 3 years of work went into this version!
Grab the new 5.x installer on the Download Page now!
The PC and Mac pages have been combined now.
NOTE: This page is now both for the PC and Mac versions of BaseHead 5.x, but the Mac version is still in Public Beta. Both versions are available to play with from the main Downloads Page.
If you were considering purchasing or upgrading to 4.x Mac anytime soon, we'd actually prefer you just use the 5.x Mac BETA for free during the beta phase instead of buying 4.x at this point.
Keep your money in your pocket and just help us mash bugs for now 8)
Mac users should join the Public Beta forum below so you get critical info and demo extensions to keep you working in these final beta phases.
Below are just a sample of a few tasty new features to play with! 8)
BaseHead is now fully 64bit with a ton of UI & UX refinements and bug fixes.
Improved speed and stability!
CloudPacks: Free Online SFX that stream from the cloud
HTTP Playback (for those facilities with security concerns)
REAPER Hardwired Target App support added.
Nuendo 8 and Cubase 9 Target Support Added.
SONAR Platinum and Professional Generic Target App support added.
16 ‘Group’ colors now that are all user definable.
Multiple PeekTree Widths now. (Small, Medium and Large)
Even more flexible licensing including rentals and subscriptions!
Non-Ultra versions can connect to the BaseHead Server with an Add-on now.
Quick Access Panel for Solo/Muting and access to frequently toggle controls (F2)
MetaData Viewer Window (F3)
Master Metadata Chunk Window (F4).
Process Panel: PitchFX Axis
Online Page: With free streamable, royalty free CloudPacks.
VST: Improved Scanner, New Picker with Filter Search and Preset system.
Including better store/recall of WAVES and other shell style plugins.
Import/Export Text Files (Even Supports importing a few “rival” companies text files….MMMmmwwwuuuhahahhaha 8)
New Hi Resolution Waveform Drawing Engine that draws all channels with added time display.
Draws all the channels of split files now (.L .R .C .LFE .Ls .Rs)
Markers can be clicked, dragged and reset with your mouse now.
“Auto Gain Waveform” option.
(SHIFT+MouseWheel) Waveform Zooming
Faster channel extraction now
Shows Start/End/Length of current selection.
CUE Markers from Wavelab, SoundForge etc. are now displayed
Green Re-Trigger Marker
64bit VST Plugin support now that BaseHead is x64
Choose between FILM, SMPTE and DTS channel orders.
Channel Offset option that works with VST's also now.
Stereo and Mono DownMix buttons
Transfer and Playback Quality can be set Independently now.
Auto Toggle M/S Decoder option.
Split LCR, Quad, 5.0 and 5.1 Playback.
"User Definable" Spot with Handles
“Reference File when Possible” option makes it’s return!
Retains Dimmed Records till you clear them now
Spell Correct ON/OFF for the search boxes
Details Panel: Auto-Complete option now available for these cells.
Can link bottom two Browse Arrows/Search boxes along with many more search refinements
Process Page: File Reversing Function (Ctrl+R)
Database Menu: Remove ‘Offline Media’
Database Menu: Create ‘Import’ from Database
Can quickly create 'Groups' now from Details Panel values.
Libraries: “Remove ‘Offline Media’ from Library”
Too much to list here.....
Not to mentions it manages to improve your sex life even more now then before!! ;-)
BaseHead already dominates the video game industry and is taking over post more and more each month.
If you are a sound designer for video games or feature films using a DAW (like Nuendo, REAPER or Pro Tools ) and want to speed up your workflow, then this is the product to get!
version 5.0 also brings in many features that Dialog and Foley editors have been craving.
Originally we made this program just for ourselves only, but the BaseHead Project has grown beyond that being used by thousands daily to...
FIND SH*T FAST!!
Version 5.x comes in 3 flavors...
BaseHead Ultra (for the power users)
BaseHead (the standard edition)
BaseHead Lite (for people not needing all the fancy bells and whistles)
The Standard Edition and Lite Edition aren't as feature rich as the Ultra Edition of course.
Check out the comparison chart to the right to rough idea of the differences.
Neither version is crippled by a limited amount of databases, sample rates, surround playback or any of that non-sense that other companies do.
It's still 110% BaseHead to the Core!
You can also preview all 3 version by installing and running the included Demo in the full installer and simply switch versions with the upper right popup box and you can see for yourself which features are in each version.
Still confused which version to buy?
Each version is designed with this in mind basically...
5.x Ultra - Sound Designers
5.x Standard - SFX, Dialog, and Foley Editors
5.x Lite - Video Editors, Musicians,Music Editor and Re-Recording mixers.
You can upgrade to a higher version at anytime and only pay the difference, plus a small license service fee.....8)
Some previous version features that are also in most versions of 5.x
- Imports: Name import and sub divide your Database for easier re-scanning and removal of chunks of it.
- Groups: allows you to group and colorize your favorite sounds while importing or after.
- Libraries: Put your favorite sounds in virtual folders for quick access, pulling sounds and exporting!
- Mass Batch Tagging: Rename just about every field now that burns into NON-Encrypted iXML.
- A cutting edge User Interface!
- Cross-platform (PC/Mac) licenses and Database format (No Extra Charge!!)
- 100% native codebase for both PC and Mac to give you the best user experience possible on each platform.
- Floating Network Licenses that work over LAN or even the WAN! (yes, the internet...8))
- A single dongle can hold multiple floating network accessible licenses
- 50+ Fields of searchable Metadata now
- 4 Separate Search Input Fields so you can fine tune searches with Search History
- Injects renamed Descriptions back into the audio files (Non-Lite Versions)
- Boolean Searching (And, Or, Not, Exact)
- Centralized server Databases using BaseHead Server
- Ability to Set and Remove of Playback Markers
- Common Combo and ALL searching in the search boxes
- Auto-Complete Searching (Non-Lite Versions)
- Ability add your Album Art/Images to files.
- 12 VST slots now with full preset Store/Recall functions and filter searching.
- Destructive Editing.. (Ultra version only)
- Dims records that have been played already for better visual feedback.
- Batch, Online and Offline Renaming options.
- Reverse Playback and Shuffle Mode
- Multi-channel audio playback Crashed to Stereo)
- Browser and Taglist pages
- Reads iXML field recorder data
- Auto-Switching Paths Feature (Changes Transfer Path based on opened session)
- PeekTree panel that shows: (Non-Lite Versions)
Favorite and Recent Searches
Playlist (recently played sounds)
Recent Paths, and recently Transferred sounds
Applications With Advanced Target App support:
Nuendo/Cubase, REAPER , Pro Tools and LogicX (Non-Lite Versions)
Most all DAW's can be used with BaseHead via Drag and Drop even if they are not in the Target App list.
Metadata Chunks Read during Importing:
iXML, aXML, bext, ID3, ANNO, SNDN, WMA, nmx, SNDM, LIST, OGG
Metadata Chunks Written:
iXML, aXML, bext, ID3 (LIST Coming soon)
Windows 10, 8 or 7 (with the .NET4.6 Framework or higher installed)
macOS 10.8 or higher
All Licensing and Authorizations Options for version 5.x are here listed ON THIS PAGE
If you choose to use CmSticks as your mode of licensing (recommended), keep in mind that they can hold multiple licenses that can be accessed over a network, so only one is needed per facility.
You can order one from us if you're in the U.S., but we recommend ordering direct from Germany if you are not U.S. based, cuz shipping prices from the U.S. are insane now!! 8(
Read the FAQ HERE to learn more!
New Video from Pro Sound Effects showing their top 6 top favorite BaseHead features!
Check out some of the new 5.x images below!